Monday, February 2, 2015

Garden

It is the end of January. The Northeast is experiencing snow, measured in feet. Some cities are even closing down. At the opposite side of the country, in the Southwest, we are seeing warm temps. How warm? I have seen buds on tree branches, and one apple tree already blooming. The winter break this year was cold. We had highs in the 40s or 50s, compared to the previous year, which had at least felt warmer. Most mornings started in the 30s, which was not patio weather first thing, or most days.
The rain is relaxing, but while at work isn't as present. It will help the plants and the soil. I should get out soon and get soil put into my new raised bed. Right now it is some soil and a lot of compost.

-----

Update. There is four cubic feet of soil in the bed. Each bag is 2 cubic feet, so one more should be enough. I also put down ten pavers or large walking stones that go around the bed. Although I have mostly dirt on the ground, some desert plants still grow including open with some small yellow flowers, but have a spiny seed. This is why I need path to walk on..



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment