Saturday, November 14, 2015

Thankful for the Las Vegas Fiber Arts Guild

Today's post is a little late, because I wanted to add details from today. The Las Vegas Fiber Arts Guild started out as the Southern Nevada Hand Weavers Guild. It is composted of mostly weavers and some knitters and spinners. It is also comprised of mostly older adults, many who are retired. This will eventually need to change, but that's another story.

This year, since no one else was willing, I became vice-president of the Guild. We meet each month, discuss Guild Business and show off current projects. Most meetings, we also have a demonstration or mini lesson, and food.

This month I volunteered to do the presentation. I was demonstrating the use of a blending board. This allows the use of combining different colors and fibers or material to make fiber ready to spin.

I got so busy, I forgot to take pictures during.  I will try to take more later.  I had fun demonstrating, and people appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment