Approximately on this day, (The Day after MLK Holiday), Twenty-Nine years ago, I left to go to Boot Camp for the U.S. Navy. I was suppose to report early Monday morning, but Monday was a holiday, so I had to report on Tuesday. I remember recognizing a classmate that day who was going to Army Boot Camp. I left Phoenix, and arrived in Great Lakes, IL very early that day. With very little sleep, we didn't get to barracks till the next night.
Monday, January 18, 2016
Here is a picture I took from my Starbucks of the mountains:
If you look carefully at this picture, you will see frost on the leaves of the cabbage. This seems to be a very good batch of plants, as normally my garden is finished by now.
I invested in a new camera. My Canon Rebel XT has been replaced with a Canon Rebel T6i. The two big differences, it a touch screen and Wi-Fi ability. I can use the my Wi-Fi and download pictures directly to my iPhone. I'm able to keep my zoom lens, and some of my old filters.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
- Post to my blog frequently. I have have family who are not on Facebook.
- Learn a new knitting technique. I'm already working on this goal with my scarf.
- Learn a new spinning technique. I'll get to do this next month.
- Cut back on shopping with plastic even more. I'm now storing quite a few canvas bags from different stores (Grocery, Dept. Craft, Home Improvement).
- Work on my writing.
- Get a few books read/listen to this year.
- See more 51's games
- Visit more of the city's sites. The Boneyard, and The High Roller as examples.
- Play with my photography skills.
- Do more walking.
Forgot all about continuing to work on my garden.