Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful for Disney

30Nov2015

The last of my Thankfuls is Walt Disney.  About 87 years ago, it started with a mouse.  Steamboat Willy was just the beginning. I miss the Sunday nights growing up with the Wonderful World of Disney.

60 years ago this year, Disneyland opened.  Living in Nevada, I got to go several times growing up; I last got to visit in the late 80s.  Last time I had been there, California Adventures was a parking lot.  This year I got to go with Jean.  Some people said I wouldn't recognize the park.  Not a lot had changed in Disneyland.  There was one new area; which is closing for the new expansion.  Going on the different rides brought back memories of growing up and visiting.  I also found out that two of my favorite rides, Pirates and Haunted Mansion, both opened just before I was born.   California Adventure is fun, but Disneyland is still my favorite.

I did get very interested in the Pins that Disney sold, and found a lot of them on eBay.  As other collectibles like Peanuts, I am picky on which ones I want.

I'm not the only one thankful, as I have seen pictures from other friends who have gone this year too.  I think for a lot of people, Disneyland was the place to be this year.  Next year, I think it will be Universal California, when Harry Potter opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment