Sunday, April 6, 2014

My weekend

It has been a productive weekend. I need to post another POP post. I've found buds on my pepper plant and new growth on my bean plants.

Fiber:

All of the black Icelandic has been spun and plied.

The Magnify, clue 1 is finished. Pictures to come soon, as they are not showing up on the iPad from the iPhone.

Food preservation:

I finished the back episodes of Canning Season. While listening, I got thinking about jellies. I needed apple juice (apple cider) for Slow Cook Friday, so why not use it for jelly too? Now that I know what I didn't do with my last batch, and this time added plenty of pectin. So I have 3 half pints of Apple Cider Cinnamon Jelly.

Slow Cooking:

I tried a banana loaf recipe from GetCrocked. My loaf pan is a little too wide and sat too high in the crock pot, so it is a little undercooked in spots. I need a new pan and try again.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment