Friday, October 16, 2015

Slow Cook Friday: Potato Soup

I started looking at the change in the weather last week.  The heat wave was going to pass by Wednesday/Thursday.  I knew what sounded good in the slow cooker, so last week I got potatoes at the farmer's market.  This week I got green onions. 

Potato Soup

Several strips of bacon
Medium Onion
Garlic

Fry the bacon then put to the side.  Leave some bacon grease in the pan, then chop the onion and garlic into the pan.  (I did this the night before, and put both away in the fridge, overnight).

6 Medium Potatoes (I mixed yellow and red) chopped
1 med chile (I used a medium poblano)
Bacon torn in small pieces
Onions and garlic
Chicken stock (I used what I have leftover)
Milk
Black pepper

Put first four items in slow cooker.  I put a mix of stock and milk to not cover the other ingredients.  I didn't want to overdo the liquid.  Added pepper.  Set on low for 8 hours.

Half and half
Corn Starch

Mix some starch with H&H, place in slow cooker and set on high for 30 minutes.

Serve with shredded cheese and chopped green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment